Re: altzone

"Josselin Mouette" <joss@debian.org> wrote in message [🔎] 1131062178.5327.23.camel@arrakis.localnet">news:[🔎] 1131062178.5327.23.camel@arrakis.localnet...

The documentation mentions that some compilers might need to be
executed as :

``CC=c89 CFLAGS=-O2 LIBS=-lposix ./configure''

But there is no posix library as far as I can make out in Debian, so
that won't do.

Yes, and I can't find the altzone symbol in any of the libraries I have
installed. Does POSIX really require it?

A search of SuS v2 showed no results for altzone.

In which system did you get that statement?

I found a ctime(3c) man page that mentioned it, labeled as being part of ' SunOS 5.9'.