Re: Debian based GNU/Solaris: pilot program

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 22:22 +0100, Dalibor Topic wrote:
> Erast Benson wrote:
> > Or may be make it CDDL dual licensed.
>
> Or you could just persuade the copyright holders to make all of
> OpenSolaris code that you use dual licensed with the GPL, and many of
> your problems are gone.

Effectively, might happen that once SUN released all their "closed
binaries" as open sourced, they might be willing to make SUN libc (only)
dual-licensed. Which should be enough to accept GNU/Solaris as yet
another Debian port without changing anything. But to do so, Nexenta
should continue its existence and prove that it is needed for Debian
community.

If Debian community willing to have GNU/Solaris port as a part of
official releases, it is up to Debian community.

This is my last e-mail, as a contribution to this thread.
It was a nice discussion after all. Thanks for all your input!

Erast