Re: Debian based GNU/Solaris: pilot program

Hamish:

I read all of your points as criticisms of Linux. That is disappointing.

I read most of his points as being factual, some of which might be comparisons to and constructive criticisms of Linux. Not disappointing at all.

I don't think anyone could argue that Linux's interfaces are stable. What, with the lead promoter and configuration manager on record as saying stability is not an objective.

[And as someone who maintains kernels for a living, I can tell you with no uncertainty that he's meeting that non-objective really, really well.]

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff
bgat@billgatliff.com