Re: postinst scripts failing because a new conffile wasn't accepted: Is it a bug?

Scripsit Frank Küster <frank@debian.org>
> Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> wrote:

>> In the long run, the user-friendly solution is probably to offer (via
>> a debconf question that defaults to 'yes') to automatically rewrite
>> the conffile to take the change into account.

> That can only be done if we change our policy with respect to maintainer
> scripts changing of conffiles; and that I would not want unless
> something like ucf does is integrated in dpkg.

Do you mean that every package that offers to edit conffiles based on
debconf questions is policy-buggy?

--
Henning Makholm         "Khanivore is climbing out of its life-support pod."