Re: postinst scripts failing because a new conffile wasn't accepted: Is it a bug?

Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> wrote:

> In the long run, the user-friendly solution is probably to offer (via
> a debconf question that defaults to 'yes') to automatically rewrite
> the conffile to take the change into account.

That can only be done if we change our policy with respect to maintainer
scripts changing of conffiles; and that I would not want unless
something like ucf does is integrated in dpkg.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich