Re: Transition time: KDE, JACK, arts, sablotron, unixodbc, net-snmp, php, ...

Henning Makholm wrote:
> Well, the build-dependencies became fixed about 4 days ago (courtesy
> of a NMU by yours truly). Is 4 days enough to get something removed
> from testing?

Well, if you're curious, in this case autotrace had to be removed because
pstoedit had to be removed, and pstoedit had to be removed because
it had acquired a dependency on new gcc-4.0, and it seemed like a bad
idea to hold up the monster transition for new gcc-4.0 when new gcc-4.0
depends on new binutils and new glibc, both of which have multiple grave
bugs.

Automatic notice to the maintainers is a good idea, of course; didn't I hear
elsewhere on the thread that someone was implementing it?  :-)

--
ksig --random|