Re: Re: Transition time: KDE, JACK, arts, sablotron, unixodbc, net-snmp, php, ...

Steve Langasek wrote:
>  We're only talking about keeping old binary packages around which
> are no longer available from the new source package, which is precisely the
> case that is at issue with library transitions.
Ahhh.  I get it.  Just don't remove the old binaries unless they're manually
melanied, right?  That much is trivial, and should just involve making
britney stupider by making it do less.

The hard part there is working out how to hang on to the old source package
(which is needed for licensing reasons), I guess?

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden@twcny.rr.com>

[Insert famous quote here]