Re: Transition time: KDE, JACK, arts, sablotron, unixodbc, net-snmp, php, ...

On Monday 31 October 2005 09:54 am, Henning Makholm wrote:
> Scripsit Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org>
>
> > For the first time over the past months, we are now able to get a
> > comprehensive look at just which packages are involved in this
> > transition -- around 300 source packages that need to be updated!
> > As a result, the release team asks that the maintainers refrain from
> > uploads of these packages for any reason without coordination with
> > the release team, until this transition completes; uncoordinated
> > uploads will most likely lead to your package being removed from
> > testing to let the transition complete.
>
> Are the packages that are semi-frozen the ones that are listed in your
> appendices, or does it cover other packages that need to transition too?
>
> This confuses me a bit; I thought that 'autotrace' was in the mess too
> (due to libmagick and libpstoedit transitions), and had an upload to
> make it installable-in-sid planned for tonight, now that pstoedit has
> been fixed again. However, autotrace appears on neither of your lists.

http://packages.qa.debian.org/autotrace indicates that autotrace is not in
testing right now, so supposedly it was already removed.  Given this, it is
not holding up the transition, nor would a new version affect the transition
of packages to testing.

Josh