Re: Transition time: KDE, JACK, arts, sablotron, unixodbc, net-snmp, php, ...

Scripsit Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org>

> For the first time over the past months, we are now able to get a
> comprehensive look at just which packages are involved in this
> transition -- around 300 source packages that need to be updated!
> As a result, the release team asks that the maintainers refrain from
> uploads of these packages for any reason without coordination with
> the release team, until this transition completes; uncoordinated
> uploads will most likely lead to your package being removed from
> testing to let the transition complete.

Are the packages that are semi-frozen the ones that are listed in your
appendices, or does it cover other packages that need to transition too?

This confuses me a bit; I thought that 'autotrace' was in the mess too
(due to libmagick and libpstoedit transitions), and had an upload to
make it installable-in-sid planned for tonight, now that pstoedit has
been fixed again. However, autotrace appears on neither of your lists.

How should I behave in this situation? My instinct says to upload an
installable version ASAP, to prevent it from holding up the move, but
apparently it's not holding it up at all? Should I then, on the
contrary, _refrain_ from uploading until the big knot goes in, however
that will happen? Please advise.

--
Henning Makholm                              "En tapper tinsoldat. En dame i
                                         spagat. Du er en lykkelig mand ..."