Re: A thought about killing two bird with one stone

    Stephen> Not to mention that quite a few things do things like DNS
    Stephen> lookups which could take quite a while for an unconnected
    Stephen> system (perhaps because something broke, or who knows
    Stephen> what else, I've had it happen, waiting for sendmail to
    Stephen> time out sucks).

Or perhaps because the step that configures the network to support DNS
requests hasn't been executed yet...

(I have seen a system that appears to run ntpdate on startup before
the network is configured - but it hasn't bothered me enough to
investigate why yet.)
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>