Re: Bits from the release team: the plans for etch

* Thomas Bushnell BSG (tb@becket.net) wrote:
> Humberto Massa <humberto.massa@almg.gov.br> writes:
>
> > Problem being, if daemons don't remove their (supposedly exclusive-use)
> > accounts, you can end in two years with 100 unnecessary accounts in a
> > workstation.
>
> And what bad results does this produce?

A dependency on 'lock-out' mechanisms that may or may not work as well
as one might hope.  I'm more inclined towards the idea of keeping a
system-user counter so as to avoid reuse of the same uids, though I'm
not convinced that's actually necessary.

	Stephen