Re: Bits from the release team: the plans for etch

* Steve Langasek:

> Frank Lichtenheld has already posted an announcement[4] detailing the
> release team's plans for the question of non-DFSG documentation in main.

Just to clarify, is technical documentation that is only available in
non-editable formats (e.g. Postscript files) or can only be rebuilt
with non-free tools or resources (such as certain fonts[1]) considered
DFSG-free at this stage, provided that their license permits
modification, redistribution etc.?

Note that this is different from the "do we need source code for
artwork?"  question.  Here, I'm not concerned with artwork, but with
technical documentation which we expect to need modification (as the
DFSG discussion suggests).

[1] Note that the resulting Postscript or PDF file typically contains
    significant parts of the non-free font in this case.  I really
    doubt that there is a place for that in main, but existing
    practice seems to disagree.  This is often not a legal problem
    because font manufactures permit such use, though.