Re: Bits from the release team: the plans for etch

On Sat, Oct 22, 2005 at 10:23:24AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Steve Langasek]
> > This seems like an opportune time for someone to write a config
> > interface for /etc/pam.d/common-*, so that we have a generally
> > useful means of enabling other PAM modules as well.
>
> Good idea.  We need a better way to enable LDAP and NIS authentication
> then to tell every admin to edit the files themselves.

Some installation systems (I believe SuSE's, but Red Hat's might do it too)
ask the user when installing if he wants to integrate with LDAP and/or NIS
and do all the configuration stuff automagically. Maybe someone with spare
time could look into it and see how much of those configuration tools could be
reused for Debian (even in d-i, which would be quite nice).

Regards

Javier