Re: Closing bugs as submitter?

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 02:17:01AM +0200, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> Yes, you may do so -- if in doubt, simply write an explanatory mail to
> bugnr@bugs.debian.org, and let the maintainer deal with it. If you're sure
> that what you're doing is correct, there is in general no reason to not do it.
> In order to prevent problems, I suggest being extra cautious changing the
> state of bugs if you're not completely sure how to undo any potential
> mistake you might make.
>
> In all cases, writing mail to bugnr@bugs.debian.org is always safe to do, and
> there should always be some maintainer somewhere who will read the message can
> can act on it appropriately.
>
> Thank you for your contribution (bugreports are also contributions in a way)
> to Debian!
> --Jeroen

Hi Jeroen (and all others),

thanks for your quick reply! I'm pretty sure about the change,
I just wanted to make sure that I'm not considered "hijacking
someone's package".

As for my contribution: I'd be happy to do more, and I'm monitoring
wnpp for packages I feel knowledgeable enough about to offer my
help and/or ask for sponsoring, but the right one just hasn't come
across yet. ;-)

Thanks again,

Jan

--