Re: localhost.localdomain

The change from 'localhost' to 'localhost.localdomain' was made in
svn revision 16759.  The Debian changelog entry added at that time
refers to bug report #247734.  Looking at #247734 I see that
'localhost.localdomain' appeared without anyone either supporting
its inclusion or objecting to it.  This wasn't what the conversation
was about.

I see no reason not to revert the change.  If the presence of
'localhost.localdomain' causes trouble and if standard practice is
to have 'localhost' only then I think that that is reason enough to
revert.

However, I think that applications should work properly whether
/etc/hosts contains

    127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

or

    127.0.0.1 localhost

especially considering the fact that the sarge installer writes
/etc/hosts with the former.
--
Thomas Hood