Re: [Fwd: major problem with gnome-games dependency]

On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 11:51 -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> I think the question is: do you want all the goodies or you don't want
> all the goodies?

Well, the problem is, when "all the goodies" is a significant number of
packages, it is tedious to have to collect them all myself.

> I would not object to a meta package gnome-without-games if the gnome
> maintainers want to add one.

And what about the user who said "and evolution"?  So far we have
gnome-without-games, gnome-without-games-and-evolution, and (logically)
gnome-without-evolution.  Care to add a few more exceptions and all of
their permutations? :)

> I would love a way to have a negative way of handling the whole darn
> thing.  I thought tasks were supposed to get rid of metapackages
> anyway.

Sure.  So did I.

Ben