Re: [Fwd: major problem with gnome-games dependency]

Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> writes:

> This property of metapackages has always irked me.  If I install gnome
> and then remove gnome-games, I won't automatically benefit in the next
> release from any other goodies the gnome maintainers have added to
> "gnome" package.

I think the question is: do you want all the goodies or you don't want
all the goodies?

I would not object to a meta package gnome-without-games if the gnome
maintainers want to add one.

I would love a way to have a negative way of handling the whole darn
thing.  I thought tasks were supposed to get rid of metapackages
anyway.

Thomas