Re: Automatically sending test suite results from buildds to upstream

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 08:07:52PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 01:35:06AM +0200, Florian Ragwitz wrote:
> > Therefor I'd like to automatically upload these results to
> > http://smoke.pugscode.org after the packages are built on the buildds.
> > Is it an acceptable behaviour of source packages to upload informations
> > to various places without asking the user for permission like the
> > polularity-contest package for example? Of course, it could be disabled
> > by default and may be activated using environment hooks or other hacks.
> > But that would prevent us from using the buildd results, that are
> > produced anyway, to improve the quality of the upstream software.
> >
> > How should I proceed?
>
> Another option is to either leave the information in the buildd log
> files (i.e. send it to stdout)

That's possible of course, but much more work for me, especially as I
plan to release much SVN snapshots in erperimental soon.

> or to include test results in the .deb files and retrieve them after
> the build.  That latter is what the GCC packages do.

I don't like that solution. Users of the package don't care about the
test results so it's useless to bloat the packages with them.

-Flo

--
BOFH excuse #169:
broadcast packets on wrong frequency