Re: Automatically sending test suite results from buildds to upstream

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 01:35:06AM +0200, Florian Ragwitz wrote:
> Therefor I'd like to automatically upload these results to
> http://smoke.pugscode.org after the packages are built on the buildds.
> Is it an acceptable behaviour of source packages to upload informations
> to various places without asking the user for permission like the
> polularity-contest package for example? Of course, it could be disabled
> by default and may be activated using environment hooks or other hacks.
> But that would prevent us from using the buildd results, that are
> produced anyway, to improve the quality of the upstream software.
>
> How should I proceed?

Another option is to either leave the information in the buildd log
files (i.e. send it to stdout), or to include test results in the .deb
files and retrieve them after the build.  That latter is what the GCC
packages do.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC