Re: Packages that need to be rebuilt agaisnt libssl0.9.8

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 12:47:00PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le jeudi 06 octobre 2005 à 22:20 +0200, Christoph Martin a écrit :
> > I however understand the problem with different libraries linked against
> > different versions of openssl. But I don't think that versioning the
> > symbols in Debian alone would be such a good idea. Than we would be
> > incompatible with other distributions. All LSB connected distros should
> > do it the same way.

> We're already doing it for libpng, as no one else seemed interested in
> properly version the symbols. There haven't been any issues reported so
> far.

What ever happened to libpng upstream's bizarre plan to hand-mangle symbol
names in lieu of versioning?  If they're not doing that, then someone
(like... the maintainer ;) should bludgeon them into accepting a patch for
real symbol versioning...