Re: #debian-tech@OFTC: port "qualification declarations" for etch

On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 01:50:21PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Suggestions on improving the arch criteria are still welcome on the
> debian-devel list.

Hello Steve!

My suggestion would be to drop the arch criteria completly. The time
and energy wasted performing the requalification will delay Etch two
orders of magnitude more than deciding to release with 15 archs right
away.

Doing the requalification at a point where gcc does not even work
correctly on i386 does not seems like the best use of porters time.

I though having to write boring report about how good you are was a
priviledge of working for a public institution. Apparently the
priviledge is only that you get paid for that. (If you don't have first
hand experience with the above, I can tell you it does *not* increase
motivation nor productivity).

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>