Re: localhost.localdomain

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 05:02:55PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

> Or am I getting confused and d-i uses localhost.localdomain as the default
> hostname, and say, if I had told it that my machine is named "twerk", domain
> "foo.bar" I would get a

> 127.0.0.1 twerk.foo.bar twerk localhost

> entry in /etc/hosts?

> That would explain a lot...  but still make such a "fix" quite a bad idea.

There was certainly a problem at one point where attempting to
cannoicalise the hostname of a freshly installed system would result in
a localhost address.  That was fixed prior to the sarge release and IIRC
the localhost.localdomain thing was already there before this was fixed,
though I've not checked.