Re: ITP: g-wrap -- Scripting interface generator for C

Andreas Rottmann <a.rottmann@gmx.at> writes:

> [CC'ed Thomas Bushnell, since he has filed an ITA on gwrapguile]
>
> cascardo@minaslivre.org writes:
>
>> Please, check the following bugs, rename or close them, however you prefer.
>>

>>   1) #242467: ITA: gwrapguile -- Tool for exporting C libraries into...
>>
>>   2) #263127: O: gwrapguile -- g-wrap: Tool for exporting C...
>>
> I prefer to have them open until GnuCash is built against G-Wrap 1.9.3
> and the gwrapguile source package can be removed.

I have, rather, taken over maintenance of the 1.3.4 gwrapguile package.

I am not interested in maintaining a gnucash linked or built with
guile-2 versions of things that are not supported by upstream.  (I am
correct, right, that the g-wrap to which you refer is a guile 2
thingie?)

gnucash is a guile-1 program.  Many people think that every package
should migrate to guile-2.  They are right.  The upstream gnucash
developers are working on this as fast as they can.

Thomas