Re: Conflicting assignment of priviledged ports on boot

On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 04:11:03PM +0200, Gernot Salzer wrote:
> It is not ypbind that is broken but the service that hands out
> the port numbers and that is called by ypbind (and by other
> services). It just happens that most clashes occur in connection
> with ypbind, due to its prominence and its place in the init sequence.

Well, my idea is to fix only the rpc servers which cause trouble (ie.
started early). and if this is only ypbind it needs to be modified to use a
fixed port and register itself with pmap_set.

Some rpc servers allow to be bound to a fixed port anyway.

Gruss
Bernd