Re: architecture-specific release criteria - requalification needed

Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> writes:
> I guess that depends on the viewpoint of the reader what the results
> were.  It is hard to tell if there is a vocal minority making a lot of
> noise, or if there is a majority disagreeing with the criteria.

It's actually pretty easy. Count the number of posters that seem to
disagree. If this number is over half of the current developer count,
then yes, a majority of the developers are in opposition. What you
_cannot_ do is say "because over 50% of the people participating in
the discussion disagree with the proposal, over 50% of the developers
disagree."

> Personally, I find the list of requirements sensible, and very
> understandable after the clarifying rounds on the lists.  This colors
> my view of the discussion.

Me too.

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *