Re: architecture-specific release criteria - requalification needed

* Ingo Juergensmann (ij@2005.bluespice.org) [050921 15:28]:
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 03:19:16PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > [Ingo Juergensmann]
> > > Although it was discussed several times, I have still no idea how those
> > > users should be counted?
> > Two ideas.
> >  - Get them to install popularity-contest.  This will make their
> >    machine show up on popcon.debian.org, and we would assume there are
> >    users of the given machine.  Not very accurate, as machines !=
> >    individuals.  Easy to fool, but I believe we should assume people
> >    are honest.

> Well, I'm already running popcon on my two m68ks, but that doesn't say much
> about how many users are using that machines, as you state yourself. ;)

Well, it's up to the porters to count the users, but of course, if you
state that you have two m68ks with 10 users each, that counts as 20
users.

Of course, I might get curious how big the m68ks are, or how much work
the people really do on them, and we may ask on further input. :)

Cheers,
Andi