Re: apt with index diff support

Michael Vogt <mvo@debian.org> wrote:
[...]
> We believe that the code is now "good" enough for wider testing. I
> have setup a repository for the patched version of apt with the pdiff
> support.  Just add this line to your sources.list file:
> "deb http://people.debian.org/~mvo/apt/pdiffs/ /"
[...]
> Example: apt-get install 3dchess -o
> APT::URL-Remap::http://merkel.debian.org/~aba/debian/=http://ftp.de.debian.org/d
> +ebian/"

The remapping features seems not to work with deb-src entries.

----------------
(SID)ametzler@argenau:/tmp$ apt-get -o APT::URL-Remap::http://merkel.debian.org/~aba/debian/=http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian/ source efax
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Need to get 114kB of source archives.
Err http://merkel.debian.org sid/main efax 1:0.9a-15 (dsc)
  404 Not Found
[...]
Failed to fetch http://merkel.debian.org/~aba/debian/pool/main/e/efax/efax_0.9a-15.dsc  404 Not Found
[...]
E: Failed to fetch some archives.

"apt-get update"ing of deb-src entries seems to work well, though.
Just the actual fetching of source packages is broken.
                      cu andreas

fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"