Re: Build-Depend'ing on libasound2-dev just for Linux

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 01:17:06PM -0500, David Moreno Garza wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 20:05 +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > Dude, throw away the crackpipe. It's one of the most ugly hacks I've
> > ever seen. It works, but that's about it.
>
> I have to say it works well for me and I like it.

It's incredibly confusing. Really, what's more clear?

Build-Depends: type-handling, fooishbar | hurd-i386

or

Build-Depends: fooishbar [!hurd-i386]

? They both do exactly the same thing, except that the latter clearly
says out loud that you do /not/ need fooishbar on hurd-i386, whereas the
other requires some brain parsing and quite some thought.

pavement is precisely one bananosecond