Re: dpkg -L dpkg-query -L do not find all the files from a package

[The Fungi]
> In short, there is no way for dpkg to know if a script or application
> within the package will spawn additional files, and it is the duty of
> the package maintainer to clean these up on removing/purging the
> package (generally in per/post-remove scripts). Hope that helps...

I support the proposals floating around for allowing a package to
register additional files it "owns".  Absent that, though, you can
always use piuparts and cruft to make sure packages remove what they're
supposed to remove.

Peter