Re: glibc and PaX issue

Hi !

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 21:21:46 +0200
Laszlo Boszormenyi <gcs@lsc.hu> wrote:

> > Installation of ,,fixed packages''[2] soloved this issue. But in my
> > opinion better solution is fixing it in Debian :P.
>  Debian will support SELinux, I do not know if GRSecurity will have a
> chance. :-|

But ... wait ... why it's not possible to adapt changes form - for
example - fixed packages I mentioned in previous mail ? Do I have to use
unofficial libc6 packages as long as I'm not able to change kernel
version and switch again to non-grsec compile (or disable PaX) ?
I believe these are not big changes that can not be included in Debian
package of libc6 (but, for telling truth I didn't look into
sources...). Maybe someone should fill bug against libc6 package ?
Anyway, I just wonder what is wrong about grsecurity so that it's not
jet supported by Debian ?

Best regards,
 Grzegorz Bizon

--
[  ,''`.  verdan@pirx.int.pl // verdan@debian.linux.org.pl ]
[ : :' :  GG: 830398         //   JID: verdan(at)chrome.pl ]