Re: Spam on the List

* MarkX A. Allyn:

> What would happen if we can change the policy of the lists (debian-boot,
> debian-devel, and so forth) so that they will not accept email
> except from those people who have already subscribed and have
> confirmed?

For some general lists which are Cc:ed regularly (debian-devel,
debian-legal, maybe even debian-security), this sounds like a bad

You also would have to do this at the SMTP level, see:

I don't know how easy this is possible with Smartlist (it's a bit
difficult for Exim, too, mainly because of the permission problem).