RE: Spam on the List

I have a question about the general lists; not the bug tracker.

What would happen if we can change the policy of the lists (debian-boot,
debian-devel, and so forth) so that they will not accept email
except from those people who have already subscribed and have
confirmed?

I belong to some email lists (these are not Debian related, but for
social groups) that prohibit any email from getting through to the
list recipients except from those who have subscribe and have
been confirmed.

I have seen far less spam on those because of that policy.

Unfortunately, I don't know for sure what those lists use. I have a
vague
idea that one of them uses something called Mailman and the other
uses something called Majordomo.

Truly,

Mark Allyn