Re: a desperate request for licence metadata (was Re: migrating wiki content from twiki (w.d.net) to moinmoin (w.d.org))

[Jon Dowland]
> I would like to make a desperate plee that some attempt is made to
> incorporate a clear indication of the licence under which material on
> this wiki is available under, either with a user-readable prompt or
> machine-readable metadata (ideally both).

I might be slow, but can you explain why we need a license for this?
I do not need to license my books, but I do need to license my
software.  Why should the wiki documents be treated more like software
than a book?