Re: To Linux or not to Linux
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: To Linux or not to Linux
- From: "Joe Smith" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 16:05:25 -0400
- Message-id: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20050831163409.GF23528@country.grep.be> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
1. Yavor Doganov says something.
2. Wouter Verhelst: Yeah. _We_ know.
3. Yavor Doganov: Is suddenly "sad" that Wouter (seems to) agree(s).
I assume that by 'preching to the choir' Wouter meant: the people you are
trying to convince already believe in what you are saying.
I suspect that Yavor interpeted this as: the people you are trying to
convince don't care.
The first meaning is the correct meaning, however due to the strong negative
connotation of the phrase it is not uncommon to misinterpret it.