Re: To Linux or not to Linux
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: To Linux or not to Linux
- From: Darren Salt <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 17:33:02 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] 4DA3A71672firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20050831091258.GB19107@ba.issia.cnr.it> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20050831105823.GB1977@uio.no> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I demand that Florian Weimer may or may not have written...
> * Henning Makholm:
>> In most places we already call our operating system simply "Debian". I
>> think we should just go through the website (and CD generation scripts and
>> such) and remove the few remaining references to "GNU/Linux".
> We'd also have to rename packages that use the term "Linux" in a
> non-descriptive way (linuxsampler, linuxtrade, and probably a few more).
"leenookssampler", "leenookstrade" etc.? :-)
| Darren Salt | nr. Ashington, | linux (or ds) at
| sarge, | Northumberland | youmustbejoking
| RISC OS | Toon Army | demon co uk
| Retrocomputing: a PC card in a Risc PC
I'd like to, but there's a disturbance in the Force.