Re: arch, svn, cvs

This is an interesting thread: cvs, svn, arch, tla, baz,
bzr, git, ..  (have I forgotten any?).  Lurking,
however, I admit that I was getting a little lost.  The
thread is as the story whose middle and ending are
told, without the beginning.

A little digging with Google finds this [1] by David A.
Wheeler.  It provides useful background to the thread,
so the reference is posted here for the benefit of other
confused thread lurkers.

If one or more of the thread participants also wanted to
write and to post a general overview of the facts,
purposes and relative merits underlying the discussion,
this would be well received.

--
Thaddeus H. Black

[1] http://www.dwheeler.com/essays/scm.html