Re: long long support on all archs?

ke, 2005-08-31 kello 15:28 +0200, Florian Weimer kirjoitti:
> <stdint.h> is a recent invention

Where "recent" means "six years old". :) <stdint.h> was included in the
1999 version of the C standard.

It seems to take almost a decade for implementations of new C standards
to become widespread enough that you can rely on them. New C standards
come out about every ten years (well, the two existings ones have done
that).

Personally, I think this is a bit silly. We should be able to use new
stuff faster than that. Especially for something like int64_t, which
can, if necessary, be provided using suitable autotools magic.