Re: long long support on all archs?

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005, Richard Atterer wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 01:25:09PM +0200, Ondrej Sury wrote:
> > does all archs in debian have support for long long datatype?
>
> Yes, AFAIK, but...
>
> > I want to apply 64bit quotas for cyrus22-imapd and I have to choose
> > between patch which has checks for long long support and patch which
> > doesn't have this check and use long long by default.
>
> ...I recommend you use int64_t from <stdint.h> instead of long long, this
> is more portable.

Well, if you do, please submit a patch upstream to switch all such usage in
cyrus accordingly.  I feel it would be easier to just add the proper
autoconf tests and bang out with an error (unsupported architecture) if long
long is not available or less than signed 64-bits (i.e. 63 bits) wide.

  Henrique Holschuh