Re: Unnecessary "Conflicts" with imap-server packages

    Daniel>   As I understand Brian's idea, this would just be a way
    Daniel> of allowing daemons to cohabitat in their default
    Daniel> configuration.  The administrator would be free to
    Daniel> override the defaults in any way he wanted.

Correct; it would be for automatically configuring daemons to listen
on the given port on all addresses when the daemon is "activated"
(e.g. by installing the package and if no other daemon is already
active on the port).

If you don't like this, you would be able to change the config
manually.

Adding support for multiple IP addresses is an interesting idea, but I
am not convinced it is a requirement (especially if it adds
significantly to the complexity; I suspect it might).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>