Re: Re: Which CD is a package on?

While I was going to add this to #debian's "cd contents" factoid, which used to also only mention jigdo, I noticed that someone had added an effective solution.

(00:58:29) *cheal:* cd contents
(00:58:29) *dpkg:* To find out what is on what cd, download the .jigdo template, and zless fooimage.jigdo. In the [Parts] section you will see the list of packages that are contained in the cd. stew has created a searchable index of the sarge cds: http://vireo.org/~stew/jigdo <http://vireo.org/%7Estew/jigdo>

stew is a regular on #debian. I just tested the interface quickly, and it's not bad. While the interface doesn't point to the code used, I guess he would accept to give anyone his code if asked by email. Perhaps a DD will want to use the code instead of starting from scratch. In any case, I think work on this issue would have a high use/effort ratio ;)
It will be great if building an index can be part of the CD build process.