Re: Version tracking in the BTS

martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> writes:

> also sprach Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> [2005.08.30.0729 +0200]:
>> How about adding documentation to the bugs.debian.org webpage?
>
> How about a patch? Writing the documentation yourself has the added
> benefit that you won't need it in the future anymore.

1) That's not true: I'll forget.  Writing it doesn't mean I won't
   forget it.

2) I don't know all the changes that have been made.

3) There is a bad habit of making announcements on the announcement
   mailing list by people who skip the *more* important job of keeping
   the actual documentation up to day.

4) I'm busy trying to do my own job, rather than managing others' too.

The bugs.debian.org changes are superb and wonderful.  But you can't
chide someone for not knowing about them when the documentation isn't
up to day.