Re: Version tracking in the BTS

On Monday 29 August 2005 20:31, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Frans Pop <aragorn@tiscali.nl> [2005.08.29.2022 +0200]:
> These classes reflect the tags on the bugs therein.
>   "Patched"
>   "More information needed"
>   "Will not fix"

Hmm. IMO listing bugs without those tags as "Unclassified" is confusing,
especially with the emphasis that is now put on it. It implies that
action is required where I think that is not always the case.

Also I don't think that "Patched" as a description for tag 'patch' is
correct. The bug has not been patched, there just is a _proposed_ patch
available. There is no certainty that the patch is either correct or will
be accepted by the maintainer.
I would sooner accept a description of "Patched" for 'pending'.

What do others think of the new, extended subdivision of bugs?
Personally I don't see enough difference in status between "unclassified"
and "moreinfo" to warrant separating them.