Re: Version tracking in the BTS

On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 08:50:24PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:

> What do others think of the new, extended subdivision of bugs?

In general more control of the sorting would be nicer.  Right now
there's an awful lot of categories which I'm finding makes bug listings
a lot more cluttered without adding sufficiently useful information.  I
think this is just that the classification chosen by the BTS isn't quite
what I'm looking for but what I'm looking for is likely to change based
on what I'm doing.

I'm not sure separating out the confirmed tag is such a useful thing,
especially given that it sorts so far up.  Given the use of tags it'd
also seem logical to sort the upstream tag and the forwarded bugs
together.

A way to for a maintainer separate out bug reports that they've not much
intention of doing anything with in the immediate future would be
something I'd personally like to see.

> Personally I don't see enough difference in status between "unclassified"
> and "moreinfo" to warrant separating them.

I do find that one makes some sense - it separates out bugs where the
maintainer is less likely to be able to do anything about.