Re: making developer location from ldap public?

Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs@computer.org> writes:

> On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 07:18:52PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
>> We are talking about Debian Developers, who are supposed to read their
>> email.  We can easily give people fair warning, and then make the
>> change.
>
> The only requirements for DDs is to read debian-devel-announce. And
> based on the stuff that has been posted in d-d-a and the fact that some
> developers have not acted upon on the information there makes one think that
> your above doesn't sustain.

I don't care whether they *do* read it.  We don't have an obligation
to call them individually.  They are expected to read d-d-a; they are
*members* and not random people, so that seems like adequate notice to
me.

This is a *separate* question, of course, from whether it's a good
idea in the first place.  About that, I have my doubts.