Re: Debian shared libs use far more memory than required

Kurt Roeckx wrote:

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 07:47:17PM +0200, Thiemo Seufer wrote:
The immediate suspect is binutils, particularily ld. It might be
interesting to do test compiles with an older binutils version
(2.15 vs. 2.16?) and see if the problem is reproducible.

The package in question was already build using binutils 2.16
according to the buildd log.

I am not really surprised because I just compared the linker scripts from 2.15 and 2.16. They have a different section ordering and the official debian package clearly follows the 2.16 ordering. Also, there was no differences between the linker scripts in 2.16 and in 2.16.1

My main suspect is still libtool.