Re: making developer location from ldap public?

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 01:52:16PM -0300, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> If that's the case, we should improve developer access instead of
> backing your proposal.

which is exactly what i am trying to do, it just make smore sense to
also make it more accessible to non-dds

> Social networking systems exist outside of Debian that do a better job
> at this.  Supporting this is outside of our mandate, and not a good use
> of our resources.  You're as likely to want to get to know people who
> aren't DD's as who are.  How does your proposal address this problem?

it doesn't

> If you were talking about the average person on the street who thinks
> nothing of sacrificing their privacy in the name of the "War on
> Terror" (have a look at the polls some time, it's scary,) then yes, most
> people don't have a problem with this.  However, in Debian there is a
> [...]

there is a big difference between the right to stay anonymous and
exercising this right. but this is getting offtopic...

anyway, i did get your point: you would very much wish for that
information to stay non-public unless one explicitely makes it public.
which is (while i don't understand it) something i will accept.

anyone else has any opinions on this matter?

cu  robert

--
Robert Lemmen                               http://www.semistable.com