Re: Closing bugs in BTS

Em Qua, 2005-08-24 às 23:59 +0200, Grzegorz Bizon escreveu:
> In recent announce about changes in BTS (Subject: BTS version tracking
> Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 12:06:29 +0100) is described how to use new
> versioning system. I'm not sure if sending mail to bug.no-done@b.d.o is
> now prefered way to closing bug rather than closing it in Changelog ?
> (I conclude that it is not possible to close bug for specific version,
> in testing, unstable and allow to remain opened in stable closing via
> Changelog, am I right ?).
> Moreover I wonder if when closing via mail should I write in Changelog
> sth like: this upload fixes bug number 1234567 in testing and
> unstable which has been closed via mail, and add tag sarge to bug that
> remain opened in &dist=stable ?

I'm not sure what you problem is, but simply close the bug in the
ChangeLog. The bug is supposed to remain open for sarge and there's no
need to further tag it.

> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=specter&dist=stable
> and
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=specter&dist=unstable
>
> show same version, 1.4-1 is missing in the list. It's a bit confusing.
> In my opinion it may lead to misunderstandings :/. Do You know what I
> mean ?

I don't see a problem in that. I believe the new BTS assumes the bug
applies to all later versions, and that's it.

See ya,

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>
Debian:  <http://www.debian.org>  *  <http://www.debian-br.org>