Re: Results of the meeting in Helsinki about the Vancouver proposal

Am Sonntag, 21. August 2005 03.58 schrieb Wouter Verhelst:
> Hi all,

Good morning

Most of the time I only read on this list and so I've done with this
discussion. But sometimes I dare to write something and suggest somthing ;-)
(see below).

<snip>

> Initial:
> - must be publically available to buy new
> - must be freely usable (without NDA)
> - must be able to run a buildd 24/7 without crashing
> - must have an actual, working buildd
> - must include basic UNIX functionality
> - 5 developers must send in a signed request for the addition
> - must demonstrate to have at least 50 users
> - must be able to keep up with unstable with 2 buildd machines, and must
>   have one redundant buildd machine
>
> Overall:
> - must have successfully compiled 98% of the archive's source (excluding
>   arch-specific packages)
> - must have a working, tested installer
> - security team, DSA, and release team must not veto inclusion
> - must be a developer-accessible debian.org machine for the
>   architecture
> - binary packages must be built from unmodified Debian source
> - binaries must have been built and signed by official Debian
>   Developers

It seems that a lot of people discuss this topic on a fairly theoretic base
which I think wouldn't be necessary if one could see which architectures pass
which condition. Then you could discuss about specific items and not just
theoretically (which is not by definition bad).

I think the work for such an architecture list isn't that heavy and would even
do it myself but I'm just a user and "promoter" of Debian and don't know the
sites where I find the information.

<snip>

Anyway thx for your great work I use every day
Mario