Re: vancouver revisited

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 12:09:00PM +0200, Peter 'p2' De Schrijver wrote:
> > > but well, I suppose the line is hard to draw.
> >
> > Exactly, and that is why we don't try.
> >
> > I agree with you that mozilla is probably fairly useless on m68k. But if
> > you start excluding packages, you'll fairly soon end up on a slipperly
> > slope where you start excluding packages, and in the end you don't build
> > any useful stuff anymore.
>
> The line is quite easy to draw, it just requires a bit of common sense.

Uh, no. Just to name one example: tell me, are you absolutely and 100%
sure no user will ever try to use a gecko-based browser on an older
architecture? And yes, if you want to support that, that means you have
to build mozilla

There _are_ lightweight gecko-based browsers, you know.

Claiming "nobody sane will ever use that" means someone who's actually
interested in using said software, even if it's slow is left out in the
cold. That's silly.

pavement is precisely one bananosecond