Will the amd64 port be rejected because of the 98% rule?

On 05-Aug-21 03:58, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> - must have successfully compiled 98% of the archive's source (excluding
>   arch-specific packages)

It is not possible to build 98% of the unmodified source packages from
the 'unstable' distribution. This is true for any port including i386.

For the current 'unstable' distribution it is not even possible to build
90% of the unmodified source packages because of the ongoing transitions
and the high number of FTBFS bugs.

I followed the 'unstable' distribution since the beginning of 2004
with private buildds on different architectures and I recreated the
complete 'unstable' distribution many times from scratch by rebuilding
every package. It was hardly ever possible to build more than 95%
of the unmodified source packages from 'unstable' at any given point in
time, even when the number of FTBFS bugs was much lower than it is now.

I understand that the amd64 port has to be recompiled for the
final inclusion into the official archive because the current amd64
packages have not been built by DDs. But currently more than 10% of
the unmodified source packages from 'unstable' FTBFS. It will likely
take many months, if not years, for amd64 to get anywhere near to the
requested 98% mark again.

Will the amd64 port be rejected if more than two percent of the
unmodified source packages from 'unstable' fail to compile?

If not, what does the 98% rule really mean?

Regards
Andreas Jochens